Art UIL will meet Mondays during 8th period
Art Club will meet Wednesdays at 7:30 am
Here are the supplies you will need this year. I look forward to having you in class!!!
PLEASE WEAR AN APRON (PROVIDED IN MY ROOM) OR BRING A COVER UP SHIRT TO PUT IN YOUR LOCKER ON DAYS THAT WE ARE PAINTING. IF YOU GET PAINT IN YOUR CLOTHES IT IS WASHABLE. I SUGGEST USING SPRAY N WASH OR SHOUT ALONG WITH REGULAR DETERGENT WHEN LAUNDERING ITEMS WITH PAINT ON THEM.
2007-2008 Art Supply List
1. Crayola Classic Color Broad Tip Markers 2. Crayola Classic Color Fine Tip Markers
3. Crayola Colored Pencils 24
4. Pencils (not mechanical)
5. Pink Pearl Erasers
6. Sharpie Fine Tip Permanent Markers
7. Set of Prang or Crayola Watercolor Paints (8 colors per tray)
8. One box of Gulf Wax...you can find this over on the aisle with the jello in Wal-Mart.
9. Lock...combination ONLY
** Sketchbook- Optional
Mrs. Coe's Conference Period: 2:27-3:18
Please feel free to contact me by phone at 325-752-6088. You can also email me at
8:05-8:51 Art I
8:56-9:42 Art I
9:47-10:33 Art I
10:38-11:24 Art II
11:54-12:45 6th Grade Art
12:50-1:36 6th Grade Art
1:41-2:27 6th Grade Art
1. Be in your seat when the bell rings.
2. Sit in your assigned seat daily.
3. Follow directions the first time they are given.
4. Keep hands, feet and other objects to yourself.
5. No personal grooming, cursing or teasing.
1. First Offense: Verbal Warning
2. Second Offense:5 min. conference at lunch.
3. Third Offense: 10 min. conferene at lunch.
4. Fourth Offense: 40 minute detention at lunch/ parents called
5. Fifth Offense: Principal Referral/ Parents called
Student will be immediately sent to the office.
It can be used in severe behavior disruptions at any time without going through steps 1-5.
Praises for making GOOD Choices:
1. Praise (Verbal)
2. Positive notes home to parents
3. Entire class radio time while working
4. Raffle ticket for monthly drawing
5. Popcorn time on Fridays while working
This course is designed as a discipline-based program and is organized within the four major critera of the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for art curriculum. Discipline-based art education, or DBAE, is an approach to art education incorporating four foundational art disciplines in order to teach art concepts and skills. These disciplines are Aesthetics, Art Production, Art History and Art Criticism. Throughout this study students will view, analyze, talk about, and write about art, as well as create it.
This course promotes the objectives derived from an examination of arts characteristics and functions. Each student will become considerate of arts function in our daily life, the role that it plays in our history, and a general understanding about styles and techniques. The focus is on the student's use of art concepts in analysis, evaluation, and production with relation to those concepts to culture and society.
Updating in progress!!!!
Art Club News!!!
High School Meeting Wednesdays in the mornings at 7:45-8:00!!